Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rainbows

Last night after work I came home around 6:30 and could tell that a thunderstorm was coming. The sky was so dark it was almost purple and before long the darkness was over my apartment. I was hanging out in my neighbors apartment when the sky broke and it began to pour down rain. The wind was blowing so hard and lightning was flashing everywhere. I hadn't eaten dinner yet but I couldn't get back to my apartment without running outside through the storm so I waited for a while. After 15 or 20 minutes it finally calmed down a bit and Vicky and I decided to go out and go to Kroger and get some dinner. As we were leaving OM, I realized that I forgot the movies to go back to Blockbuster so we had to go back. When we turned around, this was what was in front of us...

It was the most beautiful rainbow I had ever seen. It was so bright and then it was a double rainbow on top of that! I had never seen a rainbow that was complete. It arched completely over our apartment! I was just so blessed by the beauty God brought after the storm.

No comments: