It comes and it goes and it never means much to me.
I've never had an actual "valentine" before.
I usually get a card from my mom and grandma.
Sometimes I get chocolate or "Call Me" hearts from my friends.
This year brought a new surprise.
I was pretty busy all day at work with meetings but returned to my desk rather late in the day to find a message on my machine from the mail room...there was a package for me.
I figured it was something I ordered for one of my bosses.
I went down to get it and Roger greeted me with a long skinny green box.
"You got flowers," he said.
"Noooooo. Nooooo," I proceeded to say. I was pretty stunned.
So I'm thinking who in the world sent me flowers. Well, my first thought was that it was my mom. That's a very motherly thing to do and she's done it before.
So I opened the box and the card inside read:
"Happy Valentine's Day Jill!
'See what kind of love the Father has
given us, that we may be called the
children of God" 1 John 3:1. We are praying
for you! Lots of love, Susan B."
Well, again I was pretty taken aback. Susan and her family are dear friends of mine from my home church in Macon. Susan has been so faithful to send me notes of encouragment and gifts every so often. I certainly was not expecting this. I was very humbled and felt as if I didn't deserve 2 dozen long stem roses.
So, here they are. My precious flowers. And although they aren't from some young and ruggedly handsome secret admirer, they are from some friends who do care a great deal for me.I am so blessed. Thanks Susan and Cameron.
2 comments:
These are special friends...hang on to them. Love, Mom
These are special friends...hang on to them. Love, Mom
Post a Comment